Sunday, October 24, 2004

To Market! Market!


masskara Posted by Hello
No, I did not go to Bacolod. I went to Market! Market! today primarily to watch the winning dance troupe of the Masskara Festival reprise their winning number. I'm no culture vulture, just doing some research for a future project.

Market!Market was WILD! We loved the Fiesta Market, where I gave my daughter a getting-to-know-your-fruits tour. Husband had breakfast (we got there before 10!) of Lucban Longganisa. As he ate he made us try the stuff on his plate (son, daughter & I ate breakfast at home), probably making people think, "Kawawa naman yung isang pamilya, pinagsasaluhan ang dalawang longganisa! 'Yun pa naman 'yung babaing nagtitinda ng Australian Steak..." he he.

Today's bounty: China apples @ P5 each, seedless grapes @ P179, red rice @ P32, more Lucban longganisa (33% cheaper than the ones sold at the church yard), 3 long stems of Easter Lily @ P10!!! (I was so happy!) plus sisig, dinuguan, palabok and fish head sinigang for lunch. We were frustrated not to have tried the famous Ineng's barbecue. I was already in line but Son was too hungry to wait. Some other day perhaps, when the place is less crowded (grabe, Taguigsters all over!)

No comments: